Department: Customer and Local Services
Reports to: Director General Customer and Local Services
- Support the Director General Customer and Local Services by delivering an integrated approach to a range of local services and driving transformation through how those services are delivered.
- Provide a customer-centric approach to delivering local service that secures the best possible long-term outcomes for the Island and its residents.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues as part of Team Jersey on all local service matters and delivery of the transformation strategy; encouraging a learning organisational culture focused upon improvement and high performance.
Job Specific Outcomes
- Lead on Parish liaison with the responsibility for developing strong and positive relationships that ensure an integrated local offer of services to the public.
- Develop a strong and collaborative partnership with Jersey’s active civil society including charities and the voluntary and community sector (VCS).
- In partnership with the VCS and Parishes enable services to be delivered for all islanders that support community resilience, reduce duplication and costs.
- Lead on the approach to ensure that robust, transparent and fair processes are in place for the award of grants to voluntary and community groups. Delivering a corporate aggregate view of the provision of grants to ensure operationally departments work together and are aligned to strategic objectives.
- Drive the strategic approach to community research, island consultation, customer insight and intelligence across communities, voluntary organisations and parishes, to enable informed decision-making on the nature and direction of services to deliver high performance and the efficient delivery of the State’s strategic policies and objectives.
- Lead the implementation of customer insight strategies to determine how different customer groups best contribute to consultations and intelligence gathering ensuring that methods reflect current best practice and utilise technology as appropriate.
- Oversee the development of a strategic plan that puts library services at the heart of delivering integrated public services across the Island capitalising on the use of technologies; together with links to Jersey Business in supporting the development and growth of local enterprise and communities.
- Ensuring the local services are aligned to wider social and economic outcomes, especially around preventative and early help services, accessing skills and learning and promoting mental wellbeing.
- Oversee the legal administrative duties and functions of the office of the Superintendent Registrar as created in accordance with the Law or the registration of births, deaths and marriages and to advise on matters of policy and interpretation of that Law.
- Ensure Registrar Service is integrated with Parish activity and that the service fully develops all commercial opportunities to reduce subsidy.
- Active engagement, participation and compliance with any other statutory responsibilities applicable to the role, as amended from time to time.
- This role is politically restricted. The job holder is not permitted to undertake political activity involving standing for election to the States or as a Parish Constable, or publically supporting someone who is standing for election or playing a public part in any political manner.
For further information about the role, please contact Jonathan Swain for a confidential discussion on 0203 597 6410 or 07733 304094.